Blackberry Torch 9800 Unlocked GSM Phone with OS 6.0, Touchscreen, QWERTY Keyboard, 5MP Camera, Video, GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Media Player and microSD Slot - White
Upgraded with Blackberry 6 software, the BlackBerry Torch 9800 smartphone brings a wide range of applications at your fingertips. With blackberry messenger, this BlackBerry torch keeps you in touch with your friends 24x7. The 3.2-inch HVGA+ 480 x 360 pixel color displays excellent images, making it easy for you to browse through websites and web pages. Featuring a 5 MP camera, this BlackBerry torch lets you capture all the memorable moments with striking clarity and detail. The expandable memory, faster video loading and the pinch and zoom feature ensures a remarkable multi-media experience and the slide-out QWERTY keyboard makes typing quick and convenient.
The first BlackBerry to combine a large touch screen with a physical QWERTY keyboard. This GSM smartphone also sports 5-megapixel auto-focus camera with video recording and video sharing, 3G data, Wi-Fi, GPS navigation, new full web browser, memory card slot, 3.5mm audio jack, and stereo Bluetooth.
BlackBerry 9800 Torch Unlocked Phone with 5 MP Camera, Full QWERTY Keyboard, 4 GB Internal Storage, and Slider Card Slot Up to 32GB – International Version with No Warranty (Black)
BlackBerry 9800 Torch Unlocked Phone with 5 MP Camera, Full QWERTY Keyboard, 4 GB Internal Storage, and Slider Card Slot Up to 32GB - International Version with No Warranty (Black)
The Blackberry Torch 9800 features the new Blackberry 6.0 OS for high-efficiency browsing, a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, all the email and messaging functions one expects from a smartphone, a 5MP camera, 3G and the usual user-friendly features and performance one would expect from Blackberry. It has integrated social networking apps, Wi-fi, 3G GSM, Quadband Music and Video playback, OEM, Built-in speakerphone, Stereo FM Radio, Bluetooth v2.1, SureType technology, Tethered modem, Blackberry 6 OS.Band: WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM 850/900/1800/1900.
The first BlackBerry smartphone to feature the highly anticipated BlackBerry 6 OS, the BlackBerry Torch offers a unique design that features a hi-resolution touchscreen display, slide-down full QWERTY keyboard, and optical trackpad. Packed with business tools as well as socially connected apps, the Torch also provides a desktop-like browsing experience via its 3.2-inch touchscreen, which enables you to navigate quickly through full-page views, multitask with tabbed browsing, and see the details with Pinch to Zoom.
See a larger schematic image of all controls and ports (black version shown).
The intuitive new BlackBerry 6 OS includes a rich graphical interface and new touch menus for quick access to your next action or needed application (learn more below). It includes a set of pre-loaded apps to get you started, including Bloomberg, ESPN, The Weather Channel, and Slacker Radio content in addition to Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and more. It also includes Universal Search, group messaging for collaboration, and AT&T's Web Video Search--a unique new app that searches video content from over 70 major Internet video Web sites.
Enabled for use on AT&T's lightning quick HSPDA 3G network, you'll be able to easily access the Internet as well as quickly download video, music and more. Additionally, with AT&T's 3G network, you can make a call while simultaneously receiving picture/text messages and e-mail or viewing Web pages. This GPS-enabled phone can access the AT&T Navigator service for turn-by-turn directions. See more details on optional AT&T services below.
And with its built-in Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11 b/g/n), you'll be able to access home and business networks as well as enjoy seamless connectivity at over 20,000 AT&T Wi-Fi hotspots for no additional cost (with qualifying AT&T smartphone plan).
In addition to its advanced messaging capabilities and access to business and productivity applications, the BlackBerry Torch also includes a 5-megapixel camera/camcorder with continuous auto focus and image stabilization. It comes with 4 GB of internal storage plus an included 4 GB microSD memory card for 8 GB of storage right out of the box. Other features include Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, media sync capabilities with iTunes and Windows Media Player desktop software, and up to 5.8 hours of talk time.
Loaded with the new BlackBerry 6 OS, large touchscreen, slide-down QWERTY keyboard, next-generation messaging, and much more.
- Tri-band 3G connectivity via AT&T's HSDPA/UMTS network (850/1900/2100 MHz bands; 3.6/7.2 Mbps speeds with network availability) and quad-band EDGE support for the option of voice service in more than 220 countries; data service in more than 195 countries and 3G connectivity in more than 125 countries--including Japan and South Korea.
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go. Connect for free using one of the over 20,000 AT&T Wi-Fi hotspots nationwide (requires qualifying AT&T smartphone plan).
- GPS navigation capabilities via AT&T Navigator service includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options.
- 3.2-inch touch-enabled display with 360 x 480-pixel resolution, 65K color depth, light sensor, proximity detection, and accelerometer
- 35-key full QWERTY backlit slide-out keyboard designed to feel optimally balanced when opened for typing.
- Optical trackpad makes navigation fast and smooth
- BlackBerry 6 OS retains the familiar BlackBerry features while adding fresh, powerful new tools to your mobile communications arsenal.
- Support for BlackBerry App World featuring a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones. Categories include travel, productivity, entertainment, games, social networking and sharing, news and weather, and more.
- Powerful 624 Mhz processor
- 5-megapixel camera with flash, continuous auto focus, image stabilization, scene modes, geo-tagging and zoom
- Video capture capabilities at up to 640 x 480-pixel resolution
- Multi-format digital media player compatible with Windows Media DRM 10 for music and video plus MP3, AAC/AAC+/eAAC+, FLAC, MPEG4, and H.264.
- Wi-Fi Music Sync allows you to view your entire iTunes or Windows Media Player music libraries, create and edit playlists as well as select music for download. When in range of their home Wi-Fi network (or via USB), the changes are synced with iTunes or Windows Media Player and the songs are automatically downloaded to the smartphone.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- 4 GB internal storage
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- Integrated access to the BlackBerry Messenger (BBM), Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace
- Text and multimedia messaging includes group messaging with "reply all" functionality for up to 10 contacts plus new Locations feature.
- Rich WebKit-based browser renders HTML web pages (as well as HTML e-mail) quickly and features tabs for accessing multiple sites simultaneously. You can also double-tap to zoom, intelligently wrapping text in a column while maintaining the placement of a page's key elements.
- Voice activated dialing
- 3.5mm stereo headset jack
The BlackBerry Torch weighs 5.68 ounces and measures 4.37 x 2.44 x 0.57 inches when closed (5.8 x 2.44 x 0.57 inches when open). Its 1300 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5.8 hours of talk time, and up to 432 hours (18 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T's dual-band 3G network (850/1900 MHz; HSDPA/UMTS) plus 2100 MHz overseas 3G networks.
What's in the Box
BlackBerry Torch handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 4 GB microSD memory card, wired stereo hands-free headset, USB cable, polishing cloth, quick start guide, BlackBerry User Tools CD-ROM
Experience rich media like never before with the improved Multimedia Player and 8 GB of total included memory.
BlackBerry 6 OS
The BlackBerry 6 OS features a redesigned interface that seamlessly works with both touchscreen and trackpad, includes expanded messaging capabilities with intuitive features to simplify the management of social networking and RSS feeds (Social Feeds), and provides integrated access to the BlackBerry Messenger (BBM), Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, and a variety of instant messaging applications. And its enhanced multimedia experience includes a dedicated YouTube app and Podcasts app.Advanced Messaging
Messaging has always been a core element of the BlackBerry smartphone experience. With BlackBerry's push e-mail technology, your e-mail will find you without having to initiate a connection. And with the new Text Messages application on the BlackBerry Torch, with support for AT&T's next-generation messaging experience, you'll enjoy group messaging with "reply all" functionality for up to 10 contacts and AT&T's Locations feature.
Locations lets you easily search for points of interest, businesses, and even the your own location, and insert this information directly into a message--all without leaving the messaging application. Using group messaging and locations together, you can arrange to meet a group of friends easily by sending one message to all of them, discussing together where to meet and then sending a map in one threaded conversation.
Pages load fast and there's tabbed browsing so you can have multiple web pages open at once.
Enjoy a full-fidelity, desktop-like browsing experience with the revamped BlackBerry Web browser, which includes intuitive motions like pinching and zooming and tabs that let you swap between multiple Web pages.Universal Search
Looking for something? The new universal search feature scans your folders, apps, Internet, e-mail, music, videos and more all in one search and doesn't stop until it finds what you're looking for.Multitasking Made Easy
Multitasking is just another one of those things BlackBerry has been doing right, from the beginning. Now RIM has gone a step above with multi-connectivity, which means your apps stay connected whether you're using them or not. Regardless of what you're doing, e-mails, messages, updates, and notifications keep coming through.All Media, All The Time
With BlackBerry 6, the multimedia experience has been completely overhauled, enabling you to carry, watch and share your videos, pictures, files and more. With Remote Media Sync you can now access your home music library right from your BlackBerry smartphone. Scrolling through your music is as easy as swiping through album art. And you can watch and subscribe to podcasts that are pushed to you as soon as they're available.Corporate Connections
For corporate users, this BlackBerry device delivers all the enterprise e-mail and messaging capabilities you've come to expect. It's supported on the BlackBerry Internet Service, giving you access to up to 10 work or personal e-mail accounts (including most popular ISP e-mail accounts), as well as BlackBerry Enterprise Server, enabling advanced security and IT administration within IBM Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange and Novell GroupWise environments.